Monday, February 1, 2016

ELEVEN days, 264 hours with the Artist

Hey!



Few days ago we finished our Art Seminar called ELEVEN 246. It was a camp -like seminar we held here at our base in Ituzaingo, Buenos Aires. The participants were 16 teenagers and young adults. Most of them came from different churches of Argentina but we also received one girl from Finland and two from Chile!


As the staff of the art ministry we had different roles during the seminar: teaching, worship leading, sharing devotionals, leading games, helping in the kitchen, etc, etc... I myself spent lots of time translating everything to Finnish. Luckily I was not by myself with that and in some moments my brain started to think in my mother tongue once again!

During the seminar all of the guys received and took part into different art classes: acting, music and dance in its diverse styles: contemporary, hip hop, folklore, break dance and salsa. So each one of them had some classes they had never tried before. And in the end of the 11 days they got to perform in their final show.

A video posted by Pyry Ihonen (@tofindmore) on

The group was really united and open to receive our teaching and hearing God's voice. As God had told us beforehand, many of them found their way back to God, some received Him for the first time and others took important decisions for their future. For me personally it's such a joy to be part of their life with my own part. We're all so thankful to God for using us for His Kingdom!



Teaching outside when it's too hot to be inside



Argentinean folklore

Salsa

Thank you all for your prayers and support! I'm so privileged to serve Lord full-time without needing to worry about my financial support. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment