Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Called to serve!

Happy Easter for everyone!

I'd like to share a bit about the YWAM Conference we had last week. The theme or slogan was "Llamados a servirle" which means "Called to serve".


Every year we get together as YWAM Argentina and some other ywamers who are part of our family but now serve as missionaries in other countries. The location of the conference changes from year to year and this time we had it here at home in Ituzaingo, Buenos Aires. Well, that meant that the last month before the event we had lots of work to do as we prepared the base for about 400 visitors.

So basically we worked non-stop from the morning continuing until after midnight painting, building, fixing things etc... I was also helping with coordinating people with their tasks so I was quite busy during the days and at nights I had more time to do specific things.

Many times I really doubted whether we will be on time with all the preparations or not. However God was super faithful and we received help from other YWAM bases, and somehow God provided money to do lots of stuff.

From the opening performance

So after working that much I also had lots of expectations for the conference. During the event I was serving in worship, sound system, recording and sometimes translating. But I was able to listen every word preached. These gatherings are so important for us as God speaks clearly, reaffirms our calling and shows His direction.


The kids also had their own conference!

A video posted by Pyry Ihonen (@tofindmore) on

This year we also presented our project of opening a new YWAM base in the city Rosario in Argentina. So the all the people blessed us and also rose a generous offering. But I'll explain more about that later.



I really want to visit Finland this year! So I'm planning it to happen this August. Please be praying for guidance and finances already!

Bless you all!



P.S. Check our base video from this year

No comments:

Post a Comment