Tuesday, December 23, 2014

¡Feliz navidad!



I wish merry and blessed Christmas to all you readers, friends and supporters with some news:

written on 21st of December

I'm writing this update on a train. We are leaving Mar del Plata behind and heading for the downtown of Buenos Aires. 

We are in a new season of the school. The classes are behind and this month is dedicated to an artistic investigation. The idea is to get to know cities with strong artistic movement. As we are many in the school we split up. In my team we have six students: Jason, Mora and Lester from Guatemala, Gerald from Nicaragua, Mirja from Finland and Lorena from El Salvador. My amazing co-leaders are Joel (Argentina) and Camila (Chile). As none of the students is Argentine we decided to stay in Argentina because it has lots of stuff to be seen and discovered.



So we just spent two weeks in Mar del Plata, in the touristic city on the coast of Argentina. This was actually my second time there this year! In February we presented our musical over there. This time we stayed at the local YWAM base. It was totally best for us! The guys welcomed us so well and we got to spend really good time together as well. The base is only one block from the beach. To be honest it's a great privilege and blessing to be able to go to the coast. It's totally beautiful and relaxing!

We got to see different shows almost every night: music, dance, theatre, street art etc. We have break dancers in our group and anywhere we went the guys got to dance and the people were super interested. This also opened doors to new contacts and to evangelize people. 

Mirja teaching ballet to the ywamers

For me leading a group to another city is quite a new experience and that's why I'm super thankful that I'm not alone. Together with the other leaders we compliment each others and also share the burden. 

For me the first week was a bit difficult because I got sick. I had strong allergies and right after I got an infection in my throat. So I spent few days in bed with high fever. It wasn't easy because I felt I'm more like a burden than a help. But God was treating my heart. He affirmed me once again and taught me that my leadership or authority don't come by what I achieve but straight from Him.

I'm so thankful to Daddy for these two weeks of care and blessing! Tonight we'll get to the "Capital base" of YWAM. That's the base in the downtown of Buenos Aires where I did my counseling school two years ago. We'll continue our investigation in the centre. However we'll head back to our home base for Christmas and new year. It's better so spend the holidays in a familiar environment as most of the guys spend their first Christmas away from home.


Thank you friends for making this trip possible! Your support has allowed me to join the team and share the financial challenge as well. Your prayers sustain me and drag me deeper to God time after time. 

So let's thank Daddy:

  • For healing me and also treating my heart
  • For taking so good care of us
  • For His grace every morning ;)


Please be praying for us:

  • For the financial challenge of the group (they are lately doing their best: selling bread and dancing in the parks to get some money)
  • For protection and health
  • For wisdom and discerning to everyone in the leadership



No comments:

Post a Comment