Sunday, January 11, 2015

travelling & growing

Hey!

We just finished our investigation month on Friday. It was a month when we split as a group and travelled to different cities to investigate the artistic movements.


To be honest I was a bit afraid or at least nervous thinking about this time beforehand. I haven't been leading a group to different cities before. But I'm really thankful I didn't need be in charge of the group by myself but we formed a good leadership team with Camila and Joel. 

Now when the trip is over I can only be thankful to Daddy. He really covered us and blessed us in so many ways. I didn't burn out or anything like that but I grew in service and leadership during this time.

During the first two weeks on the coast we got to see lots of shows. However the following two weeks in the downtown had a bit different focus. The fact is that we didn't have enough money to continue the school. So everyone who's lacking school fees did something to raise funds. 

So almost everyday we went out to the streets of Buenos Aires to sell homemade bread. Some days our dancers performed on the streets and they even made some kind of flash mob another day. God was faithful and we were able to gain quite an amount of money.

Thanks for your prayers and support! It was super important during this time also when there were some additional costs.

Guys dancing on the walking street.
Sometimes I encouraged myself to dance as well :)


Yes, even inside of the train! This brought us good income.
However we almost ended up being kicked off by a police officer...




So the next phase of the school is PRODUCTION. As a group we're going to form a show and present it in one of the cities we visited during last month. 

This becoming season also has a great challenge for us. Especially we need help with the wardrobe. We have many staff members with sewing skills but we are lacking sewing machines. So if anyone is willing to donate for this purpose, just let me know!

And to finish, just check this dance from November. I'm really exciting for our production because it will be even ten times better than this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment